An increasing number of mobile businesses are finding it convenient to accept credit cards for their services. No more runs to the bank with deposits plus the fast cash turnaround on credit card payments means more time to do your business and less time managing it.
By accepting credit cards, you’ll make it more convenient for your target customers to choose to do business with you – and you’ll stay competitive in an increasingly mobile-enabled marketplace.
What Do We Mean By Mobile Businesses?
Any business that conducts its primary business with no office or away from the office is what we call a mobile business.
A few examples:
- Tradespeople, such as roofers, handymen, plumbers, electricians, landscapers, and heating/cooling technicians
- Pet services like mobile veterinarians, dog groomers, and pet sitters
- Home-party consultants (like Mary Kay™, Pampered Chef™, Tupperware™, etc.) who primarily take orders in other people’s homes
- Artists and artisans, crafters, and others who sell from booths at shows or markets
- Food truck operators, caterers, party planners, and event photographers
If it would be convenient for you to accept credit cards while providing goods or services in the field, a mobile payment system from EPS could be just what you need.
Let’s Get Started
Chip Cards and Mobile Credit Card Processing
Of course you can! Our newest mobile-device-attached card readers include EMV technology. Dip the chip into the reader if it has a chip on it; swipe the card if it doesn’t have a chip.
Mobile Payments with Mobile Processing
If you choose to swipe cards (or dip chips) while in the field, versus keying credit card information into one of our mobile apps (for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices), you can attach a mobile terminal to your mobile phone and swipe, dip, or accept mobile wallet payments. EPS has the latest technology available for your business.
- If you look at the websites of every credit card processing company out there, you still won’t emerge with a clear idea of the difference between mobile credit card processing and wireless credit card processing. Some companies use the terms interchangeably, while others talk about mobile payment processing as the ability to take mobile wallet payments.
- Accepting payments made with mobile devices – mobile wallet payments – can be done whether you are a brick-and-mortar business or a mobile business. Wireless payment solutions and mobile payment solutions have become interchangeable terms, both meaning that you’re not depending on a hard-wired connection to take payments.